As a result here is for you to try is an actual widget which you can see used to show some of my gallery photos.
You can download widget here – Gallery 2 Widget.
Bellow are steps to follow in order to start using it.
- Download a ZIP file from location above
- Unpack it and upload folder into your WordPress plugin folder
- Visit your WordPress Admin concole and enable Plugin under “Plugins” section
- Now go to Presentation/Widgets. You will see a new widget available – “Gallery.2”. If you need more then 1 widget to be used in your blog, change a number of available Gallery.2 widgets to desired.
- Drag “Gallery.2 widget from available list onto your sidebar and go into options by clicking a small button on the widget bar
- You could specify SideBar widget name, location of your gallery and choose appearance of the ImageBlock in your blog. Description for items is self-explanatory otherwise go to your Gallery.ImageBlock configuration page to find more details about the options.