Another week and I was able to do some work to move theme and some other things forward
New version of the theme is up for grabs at
usual place – please see official announcement
Changes in this build – alpha 4:
- Admin: New option “Remove Piwigo Generator Meta Tag” which can be used along with “Show Site Credits”
- Admin: Added support to allow “lower case text” be optional
- Use of custom.css file is extended to take advantage of its flexibility and prevent dynamic inline CSS where applicable
- Changes to Info/Warning/Error messages colors to better match the theme
- Admin: More translation support added for theme options
- Admin: Fixed issue when some default settings were not properly persisted causing improper application
- Admin: Fixed issue with Smarty cache not being purged when some settings are applied.
- During conversion to Bootstrap I broke use of font-based icons, it is now fixed (ex: comment collapse area)
I spent most of the time this past week working on adoption of GThumb+ to my needs. In particular extending it to use with album folders thumbs.
Before I make public I want to discuss with author the best way to merge my changes or agree on branching it out in its own plugin as I want to continue making changes there.
As I mentioned earlier, I come to the conclusion for now that the best way to manage design of the thumbs is through the plugin rather than making it part of the theme. This means that things like for example to show or not thumb’s captions would be in the plugin rather than in the theme.
You can see result of the work on my site
As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.