Piwigo First Plugin – gdThumb

I have posted my first plugin for Piwigo – gdThumb.

Apply card style to album or image thumbs.
Plugin was inspired by GThumb+ but adds new options:

• Apply style to album or image thumbs or both
  • Thumbnails max height
  • Margin between thumbnails
  • Number of photos per page
  • Double the size of the first thumbnail
  • Cache the big thumbnails (recommended)
  • Scale thumbnails: resize/crop/square
  • Title Display Mode: Overlay Top/Overlay Top (Static)/Overlay Bottom/Overlay Bottom (Static)/Hide
  • Meta Data Display Mode
This entry was posted in Piwigo. Bookmark the permalink.

12 thoughts on “Piwigo First Plugin – gdThumb”

1. Chris says:

Crashed my gallery with a big smarty debug console window…

Using your theme and disabled GThumb+ before enabling yours

1. Chris says:

This is in the error box as soon as I enable the plugin and then click to configure it.

1. Thank you for reporting it. Issue was with plugin settings being not initialized on first run. I have uploaded new version to address it. Also Smarty’s debug window is now suppressed

1. Chris says:

No error window any more…

But no images at all when I hit the gallery… it’s completely blank… with stock theme or your GD theme.

1. Chris says:

I apparently have a conflicting plugin… it’s working now.

2. Which plugin if I may ask?

2. Chris says:

It wouldn’t let me reply any further down in our discussion… conflicting plugin is PWG Stuffs

1. I am curious what may conflict with it
          if I have time later, I will investigate

2. Neil says:

Installs and runs without error. Great work. Thanks.

3. Neil says:

Error message – gdThumb with these settings:

Apply to album thumbs: Checked
    Apply to image thumbs: Checked
    Thumbnails max height: 300 px
    Margin between thumbnails: 20 px
    Number of photos per page: 12
    Double the size of the first thumbnail: Unchecked
    Cache the big thumbnails (recommended): Checked
    Scale thumbnails: Unchecked
    Title Display Mode (Album): Overlay Top
    Title Display Mode (Photo): Overlay Top
    Meta Data Display Mode: Hide

On ‘Submit’ I receive this error message:

Notice: Undefined index: method in /public_html/piwigo/plugins/GDThumb/admin.php on line 94
    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/piwigo/plugins/GDThumb/admin.php:94) in /public_html/piwigo/include/page_header.php on line 101

1. Neil says:

Meant to add that the error above only occurs when I uncheck ‘Scale thumbnail’.

1. Fixed in 1.0.2 – new version has been posted