Another week and I was able to do some work to move theme and some other things forward
New version of the theme is up for grabs at usual place
Changes in this build – alpha 4:
- Admin: New option “Remove Piwigo Generator Meta Tag” which can be used along with “Show Site Credits”
- Admin: Added support to allow “lower case text” be optional
- Use of custom.css file is extended to take advantage of its flexibility and prevent dynamic inline CSS where applicable
- Changes to Info/Warning/Error messages colors to better match the theme
- Admin: More translation support added for theme options
- Admin: Fixed issue when some default settings were not properly persisted causing improper application
- Admin: Fixed issue with Smarty cache not being purged when some settings are applied.
- During conversion to Bootstrap I broke use of font-based icons, it is now fixed (ex: comment collapse area)
I spent most of the time this past week working on adoption of GThumb+ to my needs. In particular extending it to use with album folders thumbs.
Before I make public I want to discuss with author the best way to merge my changes or agree on branching it out in its own plugin as I want to continue making changes there.
As I mentioned earlier, I come to the conclusion for now that the best way to manage design of the thumbs is through the plugin rather than making it part of the theme. This means that things like for example to show or not thumb’s captions would be in the plugin rather than in the theme.
You can see result of the work on my site
As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
New version of the GD Theme for PW is up for grabs
It is the large update as it affects core code.
- Major theme code refactoring. Theme logic is now “classified”
- Bootstrap CSS support introduced to alleviate browser dependencies.
- Theme’s CSS is moved out of theme.css to ensure proper application
- Admin: fixed issue with quotes not stored properly in various fields
- Admin: Added option to enable debug mode
- Admin: Added option to reset theme settings
- Admin: Removed option to suppress noindex for Robots (managed from PW config.inc)
- Admin: Added check for required PW version and plugins
- Admin: Theme styling is extended to Theme’s admin area
Take a look at admin area look-and-feel and let me know what you think
Edit: as with any big changes, I discovered few issues. As result I have posted the patch
Download current alpha version
This is somewhat obsolete as device is just 2 year old, but just got Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 for testing.
Still looks nice, but is in desperate need to update OS to the latest (from 4.1.1). Samsung now offers 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) as most up-to-date version which is still nice considering.
Happily trying to perform Software update gave me a failure to register the device… Very nice… very descriptive… what to do next?
Try this first – check your device clock. If it is behind (this device still cannot maintain time automatically), you simply need to adjust the time and try registration and update again. This time you most likely would succeed.
I have updated GD drop with alpha 2.
Main goal is to further progress with admin section and learn more of PW infrastructure.
This release does include one major change – Root Page support.
While you still need to use Additional Pages plugin to serve the root page, options and layout now can be populated from within GD theme.
In order to enable this feature, simply enable AP plugin and create empty home page, give it a name and check “Replace your gallery’s homepage“.
Once saved now you can go into GD admin area and Enable Root Page support, specify parameters and save. At that point content of Home page would be populated using specified parameters.